Sunday, May 7, 2017

Regular TN

So I finally received my ZLYC covers.  It looked nice, but it only has 1 elastic... 2 if you count the shorter one.  How do people deal with only 1 elastic?  Anyway.  The height between the top and bottom holes is shorter than the the height of the insert.  I do not like it when the elastic has to stretch to hold the insert.  So I decided I will add new holes and restring the whole thing.  I did with both the regular size and the passport.  I have included some flipthrough footage so you can see.  And you can see the difference placement of the holes (mine and the original)... it is kind of crazy.





This Passport size Travelers's Notebook is from a brand call ZLYC I have found on Amazon. It comes in a set with the Regular size. I wanted to try the regular size so I bought it to try out. The small one is going to go to my mother for Mother's Day so she can try it out. I have to restring the whole thing because the distance between the top and bottom holes are not as tall as the insert. So I repunched all the holes and restring them with a narrower elastic. It's much better now. 4 strings instead of just one. But the cover itself would be nicer if it is slightly wider/more room. But for a starter cover it is ok. But lots of work🙄. Thanks @peppermintdoxiedesigns for all the help 🙂👍🏼. ▪️#stickerlover #stickerobsessed #stickercrazy #plannergirl #plannerlove #plannernerd #planneraddict #stickerjunkie #stickermaker #SilhouettePortrait #reddachshundstickershop
A post shared by Red Dachshund Sticker Shop (@reddachshundstickershop) on

This is the passport size that will go to my mom.


A post shared by Red Dachshund Sticker Shop (@reddachshundstickershop) on

This is the regular size I am keeping.  I think this is a good start up cover for a newbie to test out the TN system.  I am liking this size so far.  I plan to use this for EVERYTHING.  Even work.  So I am happy about it.  I actually have bought another Regular size cover for the official transfer. :D

The pro of this set:
Relatively cheap for the entire set.
A good alternative for the authentic Midori.
The leather is quite nice.
Good starter TN cover.
The cover is thin.

Cons:
It could be a little wider with overhang.
The holes are not high enough.
One elastic is not nearly enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment